Are you a bit down because we are in the middle of September and your holidays are well over?
Do you miss the beautiful sun of Fuengirola and the relaxing times you had while on holiday at Hotel Angela?
Going back to your routines and the upcoming Autumn are possibly affecting your mood. Because of this, today we would like to recommend you 5 superfoods that could help you cope with post-holiday blues a bit more.
They are the following:
- Chickpeas: Chickepeas produce serotonin, a natural antidepressant.
- Blue fish: blue fish such as tuna, sardines or salmon are rich in Omega 3, a fatty acid that helps increase our self-esteem.
- Bananas: If you have low energy levels bananas will give you an energy boost as they are the most recommended fruit to help us recover after physical efforts. It also contains nutrients that help our body absorb tryptophan, a substance that raises our mood.
- Dried fruits: Dried fruits like walnuts, seeds, pistachios or almonds are rich in minerals and tryptophan, which help regulate our energy levels.
And of course…
- Chocolate: Chocolate is famous for stimulating the production of endorphins, also known as the hormones of happiness. Chocolate is the best and most accessible antidepressant ever as it raises the brain’s serotonin levels.
If you are feeling a bit deflated these days you have 2 options: to include these foods in your shopping list or to start planning your next holiday with us at Hotel Angela.
There is no need to say that the second option is definitely our favourite!
We hope to see you back very soon!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.